"ER" took the country by storm, racing to the top of the ratings to become the #1 show on television and winning a record of eight Emmys in its debut season. Now, for the first time ever, Behind the Scenes at "ER" gives us an unprecedented look into the phenomenon of this pulse-pounding drama. Packed with incisive profiles and full-color photos, this amazing book captures all the excitement and triumph of this monumental series including:
* Exclusive interviews with creator Michael Crichton, producer John Wells, Steven Spielberg, and the stars.
* The medical connection--conversations with the advisers and consultants who make ER as authentic as it is gripping.
* Backstage tours of the Warner Bros. sets, visits on location in Chicago, and seats at the writers'/directors' meetings.
* The secrets behind the special effects and emergency room surgeries, are explained by the artisans and technicians who created them.
* Highlights from an actual working script of the first season.
* A complete ER medical glossary--learn the language of the emergency room.
* The extraordinary praise and numerous awards the show has received--from the fans, the press, and the medical community.
* And much more!